Parents and students will receive a detailed weekly syllabus in advance of the first day of camp.
– Warm up, exercises and community building
– Improvs, scene and monologue assignments (or choices)
– Begin to learn the group opening number -Broadway lexicon
– Journaling re: expectations, goals, and feelings. Explore the notion of Belonging!!
– Create a “company”!
– Sabrina (from Together in Dance) song writing opening (or closing) number via zoom
– One minute plays
– Begin to add an opening scene to the number they wrote
– Rehearse and choreograph the song they wrote
– Add scene basics
– Begin working with MD on solos
– Begin work on small group scenes
Day 6 (week 2):
– Clean and review original AND Broadway group numbers
– Block all small group scenes (with everyone in the room)
– Some time with Mik for design of back drop and theater tech stuff
– Mark Madama (professor at U Mich musical theater program/director) in to work on monologues and solo songs.
– Mik takes the whole group for painting back drop
– Second day with Mark Madama to tweak and finish all solo endeavors
– Announce 4 monologue performers
– Start to sketch out the final performance run
– Run all group songs and scenes
– Rehearse small group scenes
– Finish back drop
– Then begin to run the “show”
– Final rehearsal of all
– Break out time for monologues and small group scenes
– Whole group for large group songs and scenes
– Run the “show”
Day 11: PERFORMANCE