Archive for month: June, 2017
Thanks to the News Advocate for writing a review on our pilot bucket drumming project! The concert was held last Friday, June 23rd in Hardy Hall. It featured local Manistee County students as well as kids from the Next Generation Learning Center. This program was sponsored by Next Generation Learning Center and the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians.
“A child’s introduction to music can be the foundation for a lifetime of creative expression, and the lessons learned through music reach far beyond the basics of counting, rhythm and good sound.” -News Advocate
The Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts is proud to partner with Next Generation Learning Center on a free bucket drumming class. The class is open to kids ages 6-12.
June 19 – 22- classes are held from 10am -11am (Mon-Thur at next generation learning center)
June 23 – class and short concert held at the Ramsdell (10am – 11am class; 12pm-12:30pm concert)
These classes are free! Join us and learn fun drumming and literary skills. To sign up, please call Xavier at 231-398-9770.
Next Generation Learning address – 2840 Orchard Hwy, Manistee, MI 49660
Ramsdell address – 101 Maple St, Manistee, MI 49660
The Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts is proud to bring back children’s theatre. Directed by Nancy Ferguson, this year’s production is ‘Pippi Longstocking.’
Auditions will be on June 19 @ 1 pm and 7 pm.
There are TONS of parts Ages 10 – Adult. We need:
– And those who just love being on stage!
Call 231-398-9770 or email Nancy_Ferguson@outlook.com for more info. Below are some quick FAQs that will help:
- Does it cost money to participate? Nope!
- Where do I sign up? Please use the following link – bit.ly
- When are auditions? Auditions dates and times: June 19 1 pm and 7 pm
- Do I have to prepare an audition piece? Nope!
- Do I have to attend both auditions? Nope!
- When are the rehearsals? Rehearsals will be Mon-Thurs with time off around the fourth of July. This will be explained more completely at auditions.
- Where are the rehearsals? At the Ramsdell! Rooms will vary but typically it will be in the Theatre or Hardy Hall.
- When are the performances? Performance dates: July 29 – 1:00 and 7:00 July 30 – 1:00
- Where are the performances? At the Ramsdell Theatre!